Permanent, , £35,000
We have partnered with an industry specialist in Control and Automation systems and we are looking for an experienced Support Engineer to join their team based in Derbyshire, East Midlands.
Our client provides technical consultancy, systems integration and project management solutions to a range of industries including transportation, aviation, and energy and have established an excellent reputation for the implementation of sophisticated Control and Safety Systems.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Support Engineer to work for a well known and respected technical Engineering company who are rapidly expanding and actively looking to engage enthusiastic and like-minded colleagues to help them take the business forward.
Your day to day role will be varied and will include, but not be limited, to the following:
- Planned maintenance activities on control and automation systems across several sites throughout the UK
- Fault rectification activities
- Participation in an on-call rota
- Responding to reactive maintenance callouts
- Producing fault/maintenance reports
- Producing method statements and risk assessments
- Working on site with clients
The ideal candidate will be qualified to HND level or higher in an electrical based subject (Electrical/Electronic/Mechatronics etc) and will have a background in:
- Installation, modification, and fault-finding control panels and associated sensors etc
- Writing and fault-finding PLC software written in ladder, function block, and structured text
- Creating and fault-finding SCADA and HMI systems
- Configuring and fault-finding industrial Ethernet networks, including ring/spanning tree topologies and VLANS
- VMWare virtualisation
In addition, the role will be quite physical at times and will involve the successful candidate spending time working outside so you must be prepared to be “hands on” and work as part of an energetic and dynamic team. There will be occasional requirements to work at height using MEWPs and Cherry Pickers as well as sometimes in confined spaces.
If you feel this would be the opportunity for you – please call for more details on: 01925 320 960 or 07538 115 801 or alternatively, send your CV directly to Dianne Foster at FourPointZero – email@example.com